Agroecology Business Mentors in Rwanda
Netherlands Food Partnership (NFP) with support from IKEA Foundation is currently implementing the Youth in Agroecology and Business Learning Track in Africa (YALTA) programme that is being hosted in Rwanda by Three Mountains Learning Advisors. The three-year programme aims to support young agripreneurs to apply agroecological principles and to co-create networks around them thereby contributing to increased sustainability of food systems and youth employment in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. The programme aims to work with all actors in the agriculture value chain. The youth will be coached to develop agroecological business models and be connected to opportunities through a business accelerator; further support will be provided through awareness campaigns, mentorships and peer-to-peer learning exchanges.
Under the YALTA Initiative, Three Mountains seeks to recruit and engage the services of seasoned but still passionate business experts. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The experts will provide individual support on topics regarding the application of agroecological principles for enhanced business growth with socio-economic and environmental benefits.
The experts should be willing to walk the Agroecology business journey with youth; through mentoring, coaching, and creating strategic networks that will make youth Agroecology business ideas a reality.
The mentors’ role will be to facilitate the development of the mentees in order to enhance professional business growth towards strong and resilient youth-led agroecology businesses with a clear mindset to be change-makers in the food systems.
The trajectory will be a 12 months engagement (taking a total of 10 days off your time), starting 1st June 2021 to 30th June 2022.
- Experience with agroecology business strategies and mentoring management systems
- Experience in mentoring/coaching people with agriculture-related businesses.
- Proven experience in Agroecology Business Consulting
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field such as Business Studies, Project management, Agroecology and related businesses and/or Social studies.
- Mentoring/Coaching certification is a competitive advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Language & Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Preference will be given to candidates who can read, write, and speak English Kinyarwanda.
- Technical: Detail Orientation & Reasoning: Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate well. The ability to reason analytically
- Team: The ability to work independently and in a team is required.
- People: Strong ability to inspire, motivate and influence others especially the youth
The renumeration is 200€ per day. From this amount, 15% withholding tax will be deducted.
How to apply
Apply by completing the application form: Expression of Interest for Agroecology Business Mentors in Rwanda (google.com)
The deadline for submission is 14th May 2021.
If you have further questions, you may call Thacien Munyamahame at +250788235357 or send an email to email@example.com